Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wizard World Philly!

Two days until I descend upon the Philly Convention Center for some Wizard World comic conny goodness. Things I plan to look forward to:

!. Meeting some choice creators. The short list includes Dan Slott (Avengers: The Initiative, Spider-Man Brand New Day), Fred Van Lente (Action Philosophers!, The Incredible Hercules), Greg Pak (Incredible Hulk, Skaar: Son of Hulk), Brian Reed (Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel), and Alex Maleev (Badass covers on Nova and Punisher War Journal, Daredevil with Bendis)

2. Checking in with the Comic Geek Speak folks. CGS Nation will be there in various strengths, and I never turn down an opportunity to chill with the geeks and forumites.

3. VS SYSTEM! Stuart Sayger's going to be there, so I'll be bringing my Mr. Mxyzptlk, Troublesome Tricksters to be signed. Plus myself, Bryan and Los will be meeting up with one Clifford Parmiter (you may have heard of him) for a little four man tournament some time on Saturday.

4. Bargain Bins! Dollar bins? Fifty cent bins? Quarter bins? BRING 'EM ON! I'll be taking the shot at filling in my Warlock and the Infinity Watch and Peter David Captain Marvel runs.

5. Wrestlers! Yeah, I'm a sucker for pro wrestling. Mick Foley's going to be in the house, and I'm looking forward to shaking the man's hand.

The Summer of Madness rolls on. Full reports to follow.

No comments: