Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back Issue Order

Through the listening of the Comic Book Page family of podcasts, I discovered this awesome little back issue website called My Comic Shop. They have weekly specials that you can unlock after joining their mailing list that give 5-10% off their prices for various divisions of comics. This week they've got the entirety of their Marvel stock on sale, so I decided to place an order. Let's take a look, shall we?

Captain Marvel #'s 17 and 32. This is the first volume of the Peter David run, and it'll complete the series for me.

The Death of Captain Marvel OGN. I've only actually read the Death of Captain Marvel reprinted in the Life and Death of Captain Marvel trade, and I've heard it's not the most ideal reprinting, so I decided to get the original.

Inhumans #'s 1-4 (Volume 3 from 2000). Thanks to Billy for pointing this one out to me.

Marvel Team-Up #137. Yup. It's the Aunt May/Franklin Richards one.

Sidekick #'s 1-5. This is the Paul Jenkins/Chris Moreno humor book. I've heard a lot of good about it, and I picked up the two issue Summer Fun Special at Wizard World Philly, so I wanted to grab these as well. Seems like they'll be very much in the style of the backups from World War Hulk: Front Line

Silver Surfer Vol. 2 #'s 70-73 and 75. I already had issue 74, so this will let me read the Herald Ordeal storyline with lots of Morg goodness and the death of Frankie Raye.

Warlock and the Infinity Watch #'s 9 and 19. Galactus appearances.

Should be good stuff. Another 8 Galactus appearances to add to my slowly building shrine to the big purple one.


No comments: